Which Juicer is Best for You?
Unsure which juicer is right for you? Vitality 4 Life, the original cold press juicer company, can help you to select the perfect juicer for your needs and lifestyle. Avoid the overwhelm and confusion, and let us make the choice simple & easy.
Which juicer should I buy? This is by far our most asked question at Vitality 4 Life, and for good reason! With such an array of cold press juicers available in the market, it can be hard to know which type or brand is best for you. Your needs can depend upon dietary, health, usability and/or functionality requirements.
The first thing to do when looking for a juicer is to ask yourself a few simple questions:
- Do you see yourself as a beginner (new to juicing), a health enthusiast (knowledgeable about the benefits of different types of fruits/vegetables) or a patient (looking to overcome an illness naturally)?
- Are you wanting to juice mostly fruit or mostly vegetables?
- What features are important to you - ease of cleaning, ease of use, juicing speed?
- Are you looking to juice specialised superfoods such as wheatgrass, aloe vera or pomegranate?
- Do you like the idea of a juicer which can also perform food processing tasks?
Having clear buying objectives will allow you to select a machine that suits you best!
It may surprise you to learn that there are 5 different types of cold press juicers, and each are suited to different types of customers and their needs. Firstly, it is important to determine where you are on the "road to health" and more specifically, what you are looking for in a juicer...
Types of Cold Press Juicers
1. Single Gear Masticating Horizontal Juicer
- Horizontal augers such as in the Oscar Neo emulates how we chew. Slowly pressing the vegetables which are then passed through a sieve to separate the juice from the pulp.
- Will juice a wide variety of vegetables and fruits including greens, aloe vera and wheatgrass all with the same parts
- Doubles as a food processor and can make nut butters, nut milks, pasta, dips, baby foods and more.
- Easiest cold press juicer to clean and simple to use
- Juice stays "alive" for up to 48 hours
2. Single Gear Vertical Juicer
- Vertical augers such as BioChef Quantum slowly presses the vegetables which is then passed through a sieve to separate the juice from the pulp.
- Juices soft and hard fruits and vegetables
- Will juice quicker than any other type of cold press juicers - vertical system pulls produce into auger quicker using gravity
- Easy to use and clean
- Juice stays "alive" for up to 48 hours
3. Twin Gear Triturating Juicer
- Twin Gear juicer such as BioChef Gemini produce the most nutrient-rich or 'detox quality' cold press juice
- Will juice the widest variety of vegetables, herbs and fruits including greens, aloe vera, wheatgrass, pomegranate and much more
- Isn't as easy to use or clean than a single gear juicer
- Juice stays "alive" for up to 72 hours
5. Manual Juicer
- Generally most manual juicers are effective for wheatgrass but fall short in terms of juicing vegetables and fruits
- Manual process means more time/effort is exerted to create juice
- Great for travelling and for juicing on-the-go
- Are generally much cheaper than an electric juicer
Which Juicer Should I Buy?
For the Novice or Beginner...
If you are new to juicing, you will most likely purchase and be happy with a single gear vertical juicer such as the the Biochef Juicers. There are many other makes and models of varying degrees of quality and performance. The BioChef Juicers are the best choices for a reliable result for your hard earned cash. A single gear vertical juicer is the fastest type of cold press juicer, and the latest model from the BioChef family is the BioChef Quantum Cold Press Juicer which will juice whole fruits and vegetables without the need for preparation, so is even faster again.
A single gear horizontal juicer will also suit a beginner, as they are known for being very easy to put together, use and to clean. In our experience, a single gear horizontal juicer is the easiest type of cold press juicer to clean. A single gear horizontal juicer will also double as a "living food processor" so can be great for someone who would like a machine that is more versatile.
For the Health Enthusiast or Raw Foodist...
If you are reasonably well educated on the subject of cold press juicing, you will most likely buy and be happy with a single gear horizontal juicer such as the Oscar Neo DA 1000 or BioChef Axis. There are a few other makes and models which have been copied off the original Oscar juicers, but none offer as higher yield and as dry a pulp (less waste) as the Oscar juicers. The Oscar Juicers can juice a wide variety of fruits and vegetables such as wheatgrass and aloe vera, are the easiest to clean and can also perform a wide variety of food processing tasks.
If you are looking for a more specialised machine or are most interested in the nutritional aspect of a cold press juicer than a twin gear juicer is more likely to be your best choice. The juice produced will last for up to 72 hours and a range of attachments are included so you can adjust the juicer to extract juice more effectively from specialized fruits and vegetables.
For the Patient...
If have any serious or long-standing health complaints and see cold press juicing as a way of turning your health around, you would be most inclined to buy a twin gear juicer. The BioChef Gemini juicer is the best cold press juicer for opening the cellulose wall of the vegetables in such a way that the absolute maximum enzymes and nutrients available are extracted into the juice and there is a good yield and the driest pulp to boot.
Why Buy your Juicer from Vitality 4 Life?
- We have 20+ years experience in distributing cold press juicers globally
- Vitality 4 Life is the industry leader in cold press juicing in Australia
- We offer the ongoing support and guidance to make sure you get the most out of your purchase
- We are the Australian Service Centre for all of our products
- Our products offer genuine health benefits to you
- Our products offer superior value and quality by offering the longest product warranties in the business, which come with the products as standard. No gimics or upgrades.
With 25+ years experience in the business, we are here to help you make the best choice when trying to choose a juicer and our range of cold press juicers are regarded as the best in the world!
Did you find our 'Which Juicer is Best for You?' article helpful? If you're still not sure, or if you have any questions about our juicers we are happy to help! Don't hesitate to give us a call, email us or use our online-chat facilities.
Vitality 4 Life supply a variety of holistic health & wellbeing products including the best blenders, slow juicers, food dehydrators & more. We also supply fitness equipment such as vibration exercise machines, walking treadmills, infrared saunas and more.
✓ Staff Pick: 'Best Value for Money' Juicer ✓ Compact Style ✓ 2 x Juicing Screens Included - fine & coarse for preference ✓ If juicing mainly celery and leafy greens, horizontal style juicers may be preferable:) ✓ Made from Tritan BPA FREE Polycarbonate ✓ Quiet & Simple to use ✓ 10 Year Motor Warranty / 5 Years on Parts ✓ Free Shipping & 30 Day Free Returns
Oscar DA1200 Part: Pulp Container