Composting is a natural way that fungi, bacteria and other organisms break down organic home materials such as leaves, kitchen waste and scraps from the garden. Home composters are gardening tools that household waste is disposed into, which eventually manifests into organic decomposed compost - and in turn, nourishing food for your garden.
Using a fully insulated, aerated and 360 degree rotating home composter makes the process of composting efficient so you can have organic, nutrient rich compost in just six to eight weeks.
Composting your garden and kitchen waste is another way of reducing your carbon footprint and giving back to the earth in a very real way. If you are after a more foolproof way to maximise the use of your garden, kitchen and even pet ‘waste’, the Joraform range of composting units are designed so well that the process from waste to super compost is fast.
The ‘garden variety’ versions of composters are called the Little Pig’ and the ‘Big Pig’ (due to the shape of the unit). The Little Pig holds around 10 to 12 litres of waste per week and is suitable for 4 - 6 persons and is perfect for small to medium households. While the Big Pig holds around 25-30 litres a week and is suitable for 10-12 persons and can be used for larger households or in strata housing to collectively manage green waste - because of the clever rotational design and the insulation in the unit, almost every type of waste, from meat, cooked foods, paper, pet dropping and garden refuse is composted fast.
Benefits of a Rotating Composter (versus a compost bin)
- Speeds up the composting process - convert waste to ‘ready to use’ compost in as little as 6 weeks (and up to 8 weeks) with a sealed compost tumbler
- No need to dive head first with a pitchfork to aerate compost - simply spin the tumbler to mix and aerate your compost matter
- Keep rodents, pests and pets out of compost
- Eliminates composting odors
- Suitable for urban and suburban residential or commercial properties
- Tidy and non-obtrusive design
- Easy to access finished compost
Easily Compare Joraform Composters
Find out which composter is the best fit for you with our handy composter comparison table, below:
|‘Little Pig’ Rotational Composter||‘Big Pig’ Rotational Composter||‘Restauranteur’ Rotational Composter|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||1 year|
|Materials||Exterior: galvanized, powder-coated steel
Insulation: 2.16” HDPE polyethylene - a stable, non-toxic plastic
Stand: galcanized steel
Stainless steel hardware
|Suitable For||4-6 people||10-12 people||20-32 people|
|Operating Capacity||10-12 L per week||25-30 L per week||50-80 L per week|
|Drum Size||71cm x 60cm||92cm x 70cm||117cm x 80cm|
|No. of compartments||Dual Insulated compartments||Dual Insulated compartments||Dual Insulated compartments|
|Inclusions||High Stand||High Stand||High Stand|
|Optional Extras||Joraform Wall Mount||N/A|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Key Features of the Joraform Composters
We love the Joraform rotating composters for so many reasons, including:
- Fast breakdown time - approx 6 to 8 weeks
- Insulated compartments to conserve heat (heats up to 75 degrees celsius) - great for cool climates and all-weather composting
- Suitable for composting ALL kitchen waste including meat and fish!
- Dual compartments to make emptying and bringing waste to maturity, easier. With the ability to use every day, and still be able to mature for 6-8 weeks after the last batch was put in.
- Sturdy handles for easy rotation
- Air vents to reduce odours
- Elevated rodent proof design
- Fully enclosed and pest resistant
- Easy to access finished compost with separate doors. Rotate the drum directly over a wheelbarrow or bucket and tip the ready to use compost in and you’re ready to go!
We recommend you start with the largest composter you think you can use. There are always yard trimmings to be collected from neighbors and other sources if you can’t fill it on your own!
Proven to break down organic waste, and turn it into nutritive food for your plant pots, soil, and the whole of your garden, compost tumblers tend to vary in size and shape, but they all work in much the same way.
Beneficial for your garden, particularly if your compost is high in nitrogen, it can encourage your plants to grow, your flowers to bloom, and boost the harvest of your fruit trees and bushes. Vegetables that you’re growing in your garden will also benefit from the compost that comes straight out of your rotating compost bin.
Take a look at our range of compost tumblers
You may wish to buy the Joraform Big Pig Rotational Composter – 270L that is capable of processing up to 30 litres of waste every single week, and comes with dual chambers so it can be used continuously.
Alternatively, the Joraform Little Pig Rotational Composter – 125 L may be more suitable for you as it’s smaller in size, but is just as mighty thanks to its air vents, its ability to reduce odours, and the insulation chambers which keep the compost warm.
Whether you are looking for a compost bin for your garden, or one for your farmland, here at Vitality 4 Life, we have the composters you need. Take a look at our range of composters so you understand exactly how they work, and what they can offer you.
The best rotating composter for your garden
We have some excellent compost bins for sale here at Vitality 4 Life, and we know they can help to make your garden or your field so much healthier, by adding nutrients that all of your plants and shrubs need.
One of the wonderful things about our compost bins is that they’ve got dual chambers, which means you can continue to create compost all throughout the year.
Create the best compost for your garden
A few great reasons to start composting include:
- Having less garden waste
- Making use of all those nutrients that are found in plants and fruit and vegetable scraps
- Reducing the amount of compost that you need to buy
Order your new composter from Vitality 4 Life!
Here at Vitality 4 Life, we know how important it is that you have a composter that lasts well so you can be sure that you’ll be getting a top quality product when you shop with us.
If you have any questions about our composters or any other products we sell please contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Vitality 4 Life supply a variety of holistic health & wellbeing products including the best blenders, slow juicers, food dehydrators & more. We also supply fitness equipment such as vibration exercise machines & vibration platforms.- Read Less