Why Buy a Soy Milk Maker? Benefits, Hints & Tips
Soy Milk is the most popular and widely found milk alternative on the market, with more and more people turning to the lactose-free substitute due to it's long list of nutritional and health benefits. Soy milk is used in most cafes and restaurants and can be purchased in most supermarkets.
Soymilk is lactose free and is perfect for those with intolerance's. It is also a good source of essential fatty acids and contains no cholesterol and little or no saturated fat. Soymilk can be a good source of high quality protein, B vitamins, potassium, iron, dietary fibre, and bio-active components, including isoflavones. Important bio-active components, found naturally in soybeans are being studied in relation to relieving menopausal symptoms, such as hot flushes, maintaining healthy bones, and preventing prostate, breast cancers, and colorectal cancer.
For those who love and enjoy drinking soymilk, purchasing pre-made soymilk is an easy option although the cost can be quite alarming. Preservatives, chemicals, additives and unwanted sweeteners are also unfortunately added to keep the soymilk preserved on a supermarket shelf, which for most people can be quite shock.
But, have you ever thought of making your own soymilk? While making soymilk by hand can be tricky, time consuming and messy, using an automatic soy milk maker makes the process both quick and easy. Not only will you save on time, the amount of money saved over a week, month and a year is unbelievable!
1 kg bag of Soybeans = $5.00
1 kg = 12 batches
1 batch = 1.4 L
1.4 x 12 = 16.8 L
= 30c per litre!
Soymilk purchased from a supermarkets costs between $2.50 - $6.00 per litre! It is very easy to see how a Soy milk Maker would literally pay for itself in next to no time. If you consumed 1 litre of soymilk per week (at $3.00 per litre), over the course of a year, you would save approximately $140.40 per year!
Making your own Soy Milk is Quick & Easy with a Soy Milk Maker
It is so quick and easy to make you own soymilk using a soy milk maker. Simply soak your soy beans, almonds, or nuts over night. This adds to the flavour and ensures a creamier tasting milk. The whole process below takes under 30 minutes, and the result is beautiful, smooth, creamy soy or nut milk.
- Fill jug with water up to the maximum water fill level.
- Add ingredients for milks/tea into the stainless steel cup supplied and attach to the motor base, pre-soaking of beans for making milk is not required (for a creamier milk, soak the beans overnight). If making soup or porridge, stainless steel cup is not required, simply add the desired ingredients to the pot with the water.
- Position machine head onto the jug and lock into place (indicator light will activate).
- Press the desired program button (either SOYMILK, SOUP/PORRIDGE or TEA). The appliance will automatically start. The cycle takes 30 minutes to complete (Multiple audio beeps and a flashing power light indicate the cycle is complete).
- After chosen cycle is complete, unplug the power cord from wall outlet first, then from machine head. Remove machine head from jug.
- For milk & tea, strain mixture into the transfer container using the strainer provided. For porridge and soup, serve directly from the stainless steel jug.
You Can Also Make Nut, Oat, Rice Milks!
With a Soy Milk Maker you can make not only soymilk, but also nut, oat and rice milk. Make almond, cashew, hazelnut, pistachio or even macadamia milk... The possibilities are endless! With a soy milk maker there is no
Hints & Tips When Using Your Soy Milk Maker
To make a thicker milk:
- Add more beans, about 20% more will help
- Add a tbsp. of either rice or oats
To make a the milk taste more "commercial":
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. brown rice syrup
Or after made normally and cooled slightly:
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. barley malt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla flavouring
For the Kids
Simply add 1 tbsp. of either vanilla, chocolate or strawberry flavouring