Should I use a Vibration Machine if..?
Vibration Machines are increasingly becoming a popular new form of technology used in a variety of locations. These Vibration Machines are also known as Vibration Platforms. From hospitals to physical therapy clinics and rehabilitation facilities, vibration machines can be used by the elderly, athletes, someone undergoing rehabilitation, or just the average person looking to become fitter. Whole Body Vibration is very safe and oscillating technology is considered the safest and is FDA approved. Using a vibration machine can have rewarding results to our health however, it is important to understand it may not be suitable to everyone.
The Ideal Person for Vibration Machine Exercise
Vibration platform training is good for everyone because this exercise is easy on your joints and bones. Research has been done which indicates the following kind of people best benefit from Whole Body Vibration Technology.
- Athletes- improve muscle function, joint and ligament stabalisation
- Post-Natal-for strengthening and toning around the abdomen and pelvic floor
- People with lower back pains
- The Elderly- aids bone density, blood circulation, muscle stimulation, and balance
Contraindications of Vibration Platforms
Vitality 4 Life recommends consulting your doctor before undertaking any new fitness regime. You should not use a vibration machine if you have any of the following health conditions:
- Acute deep vein thrombosis
- Cardio-vascular disease
- Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
- Fresh wounds or recent surgery
- Acute hernia, discopathy, spondylolysis
- Severe diabetics neuropathy
- Recent infections
- Severe migraine
- Recently fitted metal pins or plates
- Cancer or Tumours
- Known neurological conditions
- Hip and knee replacements
- Joint Implants
- Pulmonary embolism
- Known retinal conditions
If you're still not sure, or if you have any questions about our vibration machines we are happy to help! Don't hesitate to give us a call on 1800 802 924 , contact us or use our online-chat facilities.