Regular Price: $299
Special Price $269✓ Stainless Steel Trays / BPA Free Casing ✓ 8 Tray Capacity = 0.79m2 ✓ EPT™ Horizontal Drying System ✓ 24 Hour Digital Timer ✓ Transparent Magnetic Door ✓ Adjustable Thermostat 35º - 70º ✓ Includes: 2 x Non-Stick Sheets, 2 x Mesh Sheets ✓ 3 Year Warranty ✓ $20 discount for limited time only! Use code: DEHYDRATE20 to redeem Learn More
Regular Price: $299
Special Price $279✓ 9 x Stainless Steel Drying Trays + 100% BPA Free Outer Casing ✓ Digital Display: 19.5 Hour Timer + Adjustable Thermostat: 35º to 70ºC ✓ Horizontal Drying System = Guaranteed Consistent Drying ✓ Transparent Door & Removable Trays ✓ Includes: 3 x Non Stick Sheet, 3 x Fine Mesh Sheet & 1 x Drip Tray ✓ 3 Year Warranty Learn More
- $469✓ Innovative Two-Stage Sequential Temperature Timer (TST) ✓ 'Fast' and 'Regular' drying modes to suit your needs ✓ Dual fan technology ✓ Stainless Steel Trays / BPA Free Casing / Transparent glass opening door ✓ Simple, user friendly control panel ✓ Option to purchase with 6, 9 or 12 Trays ✓ 6/9/12 Tray Includes : 2/3/4 x Non-Stick Sheets, 2/3/4 x Fine Mesh Sheets ✓ 3 Year Warranty ✓ $20 discount for limited time only! Use code: DEHYDRATE20 to redeem Learn More
Regular Price: $349
Special Price $299✓ Stainless Steel Trays / BPA Free Casing ✓ 10 Tray Capacity = 0.99m2 ✓ EPT™ Horizontal Drying System ✓ 24 Hour Digital Timer ✓ Transparent Magnetic Door ✓ Adjustable Thermostat 35º - 70º ✓ Includes: 3 x Non-Stick Sheets, 3 x Mesh Sheets ✓ 3 Year Warranty ✓ $20 discount for limited time only! Use code: DEHYDRATE20 to redeem Learn More
- $229✓ NEW UPDATED MODEL! Digital Display + non-stick sheets included ✓ 6x Stainless Steel Drying Trays + 100% BPA Free Outer Casing ✓ Digital Display: 19.5 Hour Timer + Adjustable Thermostat: 35º to 70ºC ✓ Horizontal Drying System = Guaranteed Consistent Drying ✓ Transparent Door & Removable Trays ✓ Includes: 1x Non-Stick Sheet, 1x Fine Mesh Sheet & 1x Drip Tray ✓ 3 Year Warranty Learn More
- $1,295✓ Durable Stainless Steel Construction ✓ Commercial Grade Dehydrator 1000w ✓ 16 Tray Drying Capacity = 2.56m2 ✓ 15 Hour Timer ✓ Adjustable Thermostat 40ºC - 90ºC ✓ EPT™ Horizontal Drying System ✓ Removable Stainless Steel Door and sides for easy cleaning ✓ 16 x Removable Stainless Steel Trays (40cmx40cm), 8 x mesh sheets, 8 x non-stick sheets ✓ 5 Years Domestic / 3 Years Commercial Warranty Learn More
- $499✓ Durable Stainless Steel Construction ✓ Commercial Grade Dehydrator 1000w ✓ 10 Tray Drying Capacity = 1.46m2 ✓ 15 Hour Digital Timer ✓ Adjustable Thermostat 35 ºC - 68 ºC ✓ EPT™ Horizontal Drying System ✓ Removable Stainless Steel Door with Easy Lift Off Design ✓ 10 x Removable Stainless Steel Trays (2 sizes) ✓ 3 x non-stick sheets, 3 x mesh sheets ✓ 5 Years Domestic / 3 Years Commercial Warranty ✓ $20 discount for limited time only! Use code: DEHYDRATE20 to redeem Learn More
- $26✓ Fine Mesh Dehydrating Sheets ✓ Perfect for drying smaller food items like nuts and seeds ✓ Reusable & Washable ✓ BPA Free ✓ Suitable for the BioChef Arizona 8 & 10 Tray Food Dehydrators, PLUS many more dehydrators on the market - simply cut to size! ✓ Save More in our Value Packs Learn More
What is a Food Dehydrator?
A food dehydrator is an electric appliance which uses both air and heat to remove the moisture or water content from foods. Water is what makes food spoil or go bad and without water, bacteria and mould can't grow. Bacteria, yeasts and molds need the water in the food to grow, and drying effectively prevents them from surviving in the food. Usually a fan and a heating element are used to create the dehydration environment.
The shape of dehydrators, and how they use the heat and air to dehydrate the food is what sets different styles of dehydrators apart. You can compare the different types of food dehydrators using the comparison table, below.
Drying food using sun and wind to prevent spoilage has been practiced since ancient times, and was the earliest form of food preservation - it helped our ancestors though droughts and famines. Fortunately, today's technology has made this process much easier and more effective, with modern day dehydrators regulating the temperature for even and consistent drying.
Top ten benefits of owning a Food Dehydrator
The benefits of dehydrating foods are vast and include everything for nutrition to reducing food waste and saving you money! Our top ten reasons for owning a food dehydrator include:
- Dehydrated foods taste great
- Reduce food wastage & extend shelf life - for up to 2 years!
- Ability to make healthy & 100% natural foods and snacks
- Save money on store-bought dehydrated foods
- Efficient storing - take less than one sixth of their original storage space
- Portability - dehydrated foods are lightweight, compact and travel well
- Precision Drying - complete control with adjustable thermostats
- Flexible & versatile - only limited by your imagination
- Simple & Easy to Use - set and forget drying system
- Safe - very low risk of bacteria and spoiling
What can I make in a Food Dehydrator?
While you are only limited to your imagination, below is a list of just a few things you can make with a food dehydrator:
- Dried fruits such as grapes, blueberries, strawberries, mangoes, bananas, pineapple and kiwi fruit
- Healthy vegetable chips - make crispy chips from beetroot, carrot, parsnip and sweet potato with no oil
- Jerky - experiment with different varieties: beef, lamb, fish and poultry with preservative-free, fresh marinades and spices
- Make healthy bread alternatives such as flax seed bread, pizza bases and crackers
- Dried fruit roll-ups - these are a winner with the kids. Simply blend fruit (and even add some yogurt), dehydrate and roll up. Perfect lunchbox snack.
- Healthy granola, activated nuts and seeds
- Healthy dog and animal treats without preservatives
For more food dehydrator inspiration and recipes, visit our blog!
What's the difference between store-bought dried fruit and the home-made kind?
Good question! When we think of fried fruit, we tend to associate it with a "healthy snack" and a lot of the time when people are dieting they consume large quantities of dried fruit thinking it is a healthy alternative to sweets or lollies. However, this is not the case when it comes to store-bought dried fruit. Many store-bought dried fruits contain added sugars, sulfur dioxide and trans fat - all of which can be harmful to you and your family!
Sulfur dioxide is sometimes added to store bought dried fruit in order to prevent discolouration. Sulfur dioxide can cause asthma, skin rashes and stomach pains. Sulfur dioxide is particularly present in dried apricots, which is what gives them the bright orange colour.
By making your own dried fruits, there is no additives or preservatives - you are in control of what goes into your food! Also, some dried fruits aren't as naturally sweet as you may think for example store-bought dried cranberries are less sweet when dried naturally.
Easily Compare Australian BioChef Food Dehydrators
Find out which food dehydrator is the best fit for you with our handy food dehydrator comparison table, below.