International Carrot Day - Carrots are tops!
If any vegetable deserves it’s own day, it's the carrot. The original superstar of the juicing world with its impressive powers has every right to be recognised. The humble carrot packs an impressive, colourful punch and has many health benefits. Carrot juice is the perfect natural weight loss drink too.
Instagram is turning orange for International Carrot Day and we can see why.
12 reasons to love carrots and carrot juice…
- One carrot counts as one serving of our daily veggies.
- Orange carrots are a great source of beta-carotene. Plant pigments carotenoids and beta-carotene were first discovered in carrots hence their names.
- Our bodies turn beta-carotene into vitamin A which is important for our health, especially eyes, bones, teeth and skin.
- Purple carrots contain purple pigments called anthocyanins, which act as anti-oxidants that protect the body.
- Carrots are a good source of fiber, helping maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Good for weight loss. Carrots have a higher natural sugar content than all other vegetables with the exception of beets so there a perfect diet snack to kill those sugar cravings.
- People first grew carrots as medicine, not food.
- A medium-size carrot has 25 calories, 6 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber.
- FUN FACT: Bugs Bunny creator Mel Blanc couldn’t stand carrots.
- Some are small but some are huge!!According to the Guinness Book of Records record now stands at 22 pounds 7 ounces (10.17 kilos) grown by Chris Qualley from Minnesota, USA. Recorded in September 2017. Now that's what you call a colossal carrot! - the same as 60 normal carrots and heavier than a bowling ball.
- The ancient Greeks believed carrots could arouse amorous feelings, based on their physical resemblance to a certain reproductive body part.
- The myth that carrots improve night vision originated during World War II when the British developed an advanced radar to detect planes at night. To throw the Germans off the scent they pushed the rumour that the pilots had better eyesight from their consumption of carrots.
A simple Carrot Juice recipe to try today:
Brighten Up Baby (Good for your skin health)
- 4 carrots
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of parsley
- 1/2 apple
Visit our website to find the perfect juicer to make your perfect carrot juice.
Follow Vitality4life on Instagram
Follow us on Instagram for sales, new products, healthy recipes and more..Follow Us