Benefits of Drying Food
How do I benefit from an Excalibur Dehydrator?
- You’ll save money on food bills when you buy & dry foods in bulk.
- You’ll preserve & savor every fruit & garden vegetable you grow.
- You’ll preserve fish & meats FAST — just 4 hours.
- You’ll dry more easily, less expensively than canning or freezing.
- You’ll eliminate preservatives & additives in the food you eat.
- You’ll give your kids (yourself, too) healthy alternatives to junk food.
- You’ll dazzle your tastebuds with high-flavor foods (flavors intensify with drying)
- You’ll dehydrate a full load of food for just 25¢ worth of electricity.
- You’ll dry home crafts, flowers, dough creations.
- You’ll make it pay for itself in no time.
- You’ll savor luxuries on a shoestring: commercial sun-dried tomatoes @ $20/lb. vs. pennies/lb. when you dry your own tomatoes.
- You’ll slash your food storage space - no pantry, no freezer necessary.
Ordinary dehydrators produce constant, unchanging heat causing “case hardening,” a dry surface with moisture trapped inside — a perfect environment for yeast, mold, and bacteria growth. Excalibur’s Adjustable Thermostat lets you take advantage of Hyperwave Fluctuation (changing heat through the drying cycle) for faster, better, safer dried foods. As the temperature fluctuates up the surface moisture evaporates. Then as the temperature fluctuates down the inner moisture moves to the drier surface. The food temperature stays LOW enough to keep the enzymes active, and the air temperature gets high enough to dry food fast, overcoming yeast, mold, and bacteria growth and spoilage.