As well as being high in vitamins A, C & K, kale helps to fight heart disease, cancer, mental illness and high blood pressure. These kale chips are a great healthy snack to fight those cravings.
You can make this healthy snack in a food dehydrator or an oven.
- 1 head kale, washed and dried thoroughly
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or flax seed oil
- Sea salt for light seasoning
Procedure for oven:
- Preheat oven to 120ºC
- Remove the ‘ribs’ from the kale and cut into 2 inch pieces
- Toss with olive oil and salt
- Lay on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20mins until crisp, making sure to turn half way through
- Serve hot or allow to cool and eat as a healthy snack or add to salads
Procedure for food dehydrator:
- Chop Kale into 2 inch pieces. Remember they will shrink in size after they have been dehydrated so make them bigger than bite size
- Drizzle with flax seed oil and sprinkle with sea salt
- Leave for around 30mins to absorb the flavours
- Spread pieces out onto your food dehydrator tray
- Set your dehydrator to 52ºC and leave kale chips in for around 8 hours
- Chips will be ready when they are crispy – don’t be tempted to take them out too early!
These chips will keep for around 2 years if stored correctly. We recommend a vacuum sealer to seal your chips for longer storage.
We recommend the Bio Chef Food Dehydrator for best results
Or compare our range of food dehydrators here and find out which one is the best for you!