Tips for using the Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer
The Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer is the first model available to have a feeding chute wide enough to fit in whole pieces of fruit or vegetables. At 7.5cm x 7.5cm in diameter, this really is a revolution in cold press juicing functionality. This juicer provide fast, quality cold pressed juice particularly from apples, citrus, carrots and beetroots.
Here are some tips to make the most out of your juicing experience:
- celery, kale, silverbeet, spinach, parsley, cabbage
- Clean and revive the produce by submerging in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the vegetable into 5cm pieces.
- Roll leaves into a spiral as you insert into the feeding chute.
- For ingredients like wheatgrass, grab a handful and insert as a bundle into the chute.
- Feed each piece slowly into the juicer so that the screw has time to complete the squeezing action.
- Fibrous ingredients can produce foam so please use the strainer to remove foam before serving.
- mango, banana, peach, avocado, apricots
- Remove skin from fruits and cut into 2 or 3cm pieces.
- Drop the pieces slowly into the juicer.
- Add yoghurt, other juice or water (if desired) into the juicer.
- The result will depend on the amount of other liquid you have added.
- You could further cool this mixture in the fridge or freezer for more of an icecream or sorbet like consistency.
SOFT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- oranges, lemons, grapes, tomatoes
- Remove inedible rind or skin.
- Cut into wedges.
- Slowly insert the ingredients one piece at a time.
- Use the pusher to push the ingredients down the feeding tube. (The pusher also helps prevent juice from spraying out of the feeding tube when extracting ingredients with high water content).
- Leave the smart cap open when juicing ingredients that create excessive foam during extraction. (Foam can accumulate if operated with the smart cap closed.)